Unable to provision Netlify Large Media (Netlify CLI)

Hello,

I am trying to setup Netlify Large Media for my website. When I do netlify lm:setup in the CLI, I get this error:
“Unable to provision Netlify Large Media”

My site name is qhacks.io

Previously I was able to provision Netlify Large Media on another device, but couldn’t get my files to actually show up on the Large Media tab in Netlify.

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi, @QHacksWebmaster. I’m showing Large Media is already provisioned for that site. This is why it is failing. It is already enabled so the attempt to enable it again fails.

Would you please take a look at this support guide?

My best guess is that one of two things needs to happen to resolve this.

First, please try running this command in the repo directory:

git lfs push --all origin

The second thing to try is making sure that the Git LFS files are being placed in the publish directory.

Using Large Media does not change the requirement below:

• All files to be part of the deployed site must be in the publish directory when the deploy is completed.

You must be certain that the build command places the files in the publish directory.

If you try those to steps and the files are still missing from the Large Media tab, please let us know.

Hi @luke,

By publish directory, are you referring to the build folder generated when I run npm run build/netlify build?
I’ve just run a build and the images are found under build/static/media, and I’ve run the git lfs push --all origin command as well to no avail.

Further help would be much appreciated!

The publish directory is defined here:

https://docs.netlify.com/configure-builds/overview/#definitions

Quoting that page:

Publish directory: directory (relative to the root of your repo) that contains the deploy-ready HTML files and assets generated by the build. If a base directory has been specified, it should be included in the publish directory path. For example, if your base directory is set to site , the publish directory should include the site/ prefix like so: site/public . Visit the frameworks doc to learn about typical settings for popular tools.

When I examine the image files in the publish directory, none appear to be using Git LFS at all. Are you sure those files are tracked using Git LFS? This can be confirmed using the command below:

git lfs ls-files

Would you please run that command in the base repo directory and share the output with us?

You can post that information publicly or you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff. I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your forum login. Please keep in mind that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.