Nuxt - Some pages doesn't redirect to the right page correctly after refresh

Hi
I’m stuck with a routing issue I think. Some pages of my website doesn’t load the right page after refresh although it’s fine on my local server and surge.sh

So the pages that have issue are the contact and quote (start a project) page

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go directly to Contact Webcoda Web Development on (02) 9370 3636 or Quote
  2. Click the logo or other top menu links

It’s fine if you go to Contact Webcoda Web Development on (02) 9370 3636 directly and do the steps above. Note that the webcodastatic.surge.sh has exactly the same files which I downloaded from the deploy log (Netlify App) and uploaded to surge.sh.

Built using Nuxt 2.14.0 (full static - Nuxt - Going Full Static)
nuxt.config.js
mode: ‘universal’,
target: ‘static’,

It’s fine for other pages except those two.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

It looks like your site has a service worker. Note that if you observe the browser dev tools console, you’ll see a 404 when you do the steps you described. Those 404s are coming from your sw.js file. You’ll probably want to remove and deregister your service worker for things to work better. For additional information, you’ll want to read the following post here: [Support Guide] Understanding & unregistering service workers.

I’ve removed service worker from the codebase and unregister it from my browsers, but it still has the issue. I’m wondering why…

My last build without service worker: Netlify App

I’ve also uploaded the deploy result to surge: Contact Webcoda Web Development on (02) 9370 3636

Hi, @info_webcoda. The URLs are working correctly when I test. Did you resolve the issue?

If not, it would help to know exactly what you are seeing which is incorrect. Also, for the incorrect pageload, it would also help us to have the ``xnf-request-id` header.

There more information about this header here:

If that header isn’t available for any reason, please send the information it replaces (or as many of these details as possible). Those details are:

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

Hi @luke @Dennis

I’m not sure why but it still happens, although there’s something weird. I can’t replicate it on the custom domain https://www.webcoda.com.au. Is it maybe because we haven’t set the custom domain to have www CNAME webcodastatic.netlify.app?

The issue still happens on webcodastatic.netlify.app

The request is to Contact Webcoda Web Development on (02) 9370 3636
The x-nf-request-id is 63ff20a9-5875-458b-87ff-cf537bc72a23-1920921
which is fine, but when you click the main logo (which is expected to load the homepage), it doesn’t load the homepage.

on the other hand, from
Contact Webcoda Web Development on (02) 9370 3636 (x-nf-request-id: 19efe56b-9603-458a-8ffb-7a48359a7e4e-70185), it loads the homepage when I click the main logo

Hi, @info_webcoda, this is happening because of the site javascript blocking the request. When I click the link the following message appears in the javascript console logs:

Sending APH request... antiphishing.js:16

The HTTP request for the URL never occurs. If I disable the javascript on the site the link works. It is your site’s javascript code doing this, not Netlify.