Thanks so much for reaching out! I shared this with the Support Team, and we don’t see a specific issue that would have caused this to stop. That being said, if this comes up again please let us know! Additional context around what the function is doing, the function file, etc. would all be beneficial.
Again, I am glad you are no longer encountering this obstacle!
The function wasn’t even triggered, I have spent a fair amount of time trying to debug it, but all the other systems triggered in that function worked just fine. I even tried an empty function with just console.log. It did not work.
It kind of worries me, I didn’t do anything on my end, no updates at all, it stopped, then it resumed working again. Six people were affected by not being able to verify their emails and sign up for the trial during ~24 hours.
I did some more checks, but the “cause” of this remains unknown. I can see that the request was received, and the response of a failure was sent, but as to why it failed in the first place, there’s no information.
Did this only happen with event functions, or did you also see this happen with any other functions that you were probably using?
In any case, at a bare minimum, the function should have logged the basic statements, and seeing that we can see the request on our end, I’d “assume” that it executed.
I did want to debug this and have been testing this by adding a console log in the function at the very first line, but it did not get triggered (this was when it wasn’t working). I believe the other functionality like login worked well, but the identity-signup when the user wanted to verify themselves did not.
I have been changing the code on the dev build, left the production intact.
Unfortunately, at this stage it looks like there’s little to nothing that we can do. Our logs claim the function was invoked (but these could have been some other invocations), but nothing got logged in the function console; there was an error 422 thrown. In most common cases, it happens because the function fails, but here it was simply not invoked.
I know this is not something you were wanting to read and we’d also love to get to the bottom of this, but the current available information is just not enough to make any valid conclusion. I hope this doesn’t happen again, but in case it does, it would be very helpful if you could share the x-nf-request-id response headers and maybe the HAR file recordings.