How to delete branch deploy?

Hi Jen can I move this into a DM with you?

hi @digeverything, we donā€™t generally do support business via DM. what we can do is to unlist this thread, so that no one can see it who doesnā€™t have the URL. you can also share the API ID with us which is safe to share but no one can really use if they are not a netlify admin.

Hi Perry, no problem.

The API ID is 4db4c5a8-a490-4cb9-9cb4-09e70fa0b9a5 and deploy-preview-79 was the original indexed deployment that brought this to our attention.

Thank you for taking a look.

Hi, @digeverything. I do see you are a member of a paid team type and we do provide private support for all paid team types (as well as for any team type if the issue is billing, login, or something similar).

We have sent you an email for the support ticket. Please reply here if you do not see an email from us about this though.

For other people following along, so far I so see the x-robots-tag: noindex response header for all deploy preview requests so there is no explanation so far for why a search engine would index that page. If our research does reveal an issue on Netlifyā€™s part, we will update this topic to share that information (minus any private details of course).

I want to note for other following this page that the robots.txt itself can trigger the indexing in some scenarios.

Iā€™m referring to Googleā€™s documentation on the subject here:

Quoting that page:

Important : For the noindex directive to be effective, the page must not be blocked by a robots.txt file. If the page is blocked by a robots.txt file, the crawler will never see the noindex directive, and the page can still appear in search results, for example if other pages link to it.

In other words, even though we include this header, the inclusion of a robots.txt file will trigger (not prevent) the indexing of the page. If another page links to it and that second page itself is indexed, this page will be indexed even though both the noindex header and the robots.txt file are used. This is true for all web hosting and is not specific to Netlify.