How to clear cache on branch deploy?

Hi all, I got here from Cache issue on Netlify? - #3 by glorifiedmonkey looking to find the answer to “how to purge cache when deploying via CLI”.

The problem is as stated in Cache issue on Netlify? - #3 by glorifiedmonkey that everything seems to be working fine, except for the live url, where the old version of the page is still deployed.

Since I deploy using CLI (no Github - Netlify integration), I also can’t "clear cache and deploy).

I read the thread above and I see some hints towards a “.cache” directory in the root folder, where netlify commands are run. However, I don’t have such a directory (I made sure to use “ls -alh” to see hidden files and folders). I have a .cache directory in node_modules, but nothing in connection with netlify deploys.

How can I purge cache before deploying to production, and isn’t this simply a bug when after deploying to production everything’s fine on the preview url, everything’s fine on the unique deploy url but the old version is on the live url? Seems like a bug to me…

1 Like