Deploying via zip file using REST API issues

When do you add index.html into the folder what name you give to the folder? I stuck at the same place as you before, not able to see the result of the uploaded zip file.

Hi, @sanampatel. It doesn’t matter because you make a zip file of the contents of the directory (and any subdirectories), not the directory itself. Because of this, the directory isn’t ever a part of the zip file.

Hi, I’m facing the exact same issue here.
Deploy failed while extracting zip: Zip end of central directory signature not found
The zip file I create has no problems. unzip -t <file> says No errors detected in compressed data of <file> and if I drag and drop it in the browser UI it deploys just fine.

Hi, @marz. Would you be willing to share that file with us so we can attempt to reproduce the error?

Yes. How do I send you guys the file?

your best bet is probably to upload it to some form of storage somewhere, or share it via dropbox, google docs, etc.

Well, I can’t yet send personal messages to users so I have no way of privately contacting the staff. I am willing to share the zip file with Netlify but not with the whole internet by posting a link to the file here for everyone to see.

Hi @marz :wave:

It looks like this thread has been a bit quiet since last week. Are you still experiencing this issue?

You should be able to send a direct message by clicking the the profile picture of a staff member. A pop up box should open, and the option to send a message should be there. It looks like this:

Have you figured out how to fix it?
I am facing the same problem now. My zip file works fine.

I am not able to use the api. It says ‘Deploy failed while extracting zip: Zip end of central directory signature not found’.
Please help me out in solving this issue

Hey @MyMargd :wave:

Sorry to hear you are encountering this issue. We will need a bit more information to dive into this. Can you please share your zip file with us? Additionally, can you share your site, your most recent deploy log, and any debugging steps you have taken to work through this?

Oh, thanks. I have fixed it. It was actually a problem in my post request. The body of the request was incorrect. It had nothing to do with the API. It is working fine now.

1 Like

Glad to hear everything is working now! Thanks for coming back and letting us know.