Can't deploy with Ruby 3.1.2

Upgrading to bundler 2.3.7 appears to have fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

good to hear. we have a fix on the horizon, we will update this thread once it is released (hopefully soon)

1 Like

The fix for this has been rolled out. Let us know if you’re still having issues.

I’m still seeing this, for example:

Clearing the cache seems to work. I don’t have a .ruby-version file but am setting RUBY_VERSION=3.1.2 via Netlify’s environment variables config.

Yes, it’s because the fix was rolled back due to some other issues.

Meanwhile, this:

…should work.

Just for the record, this is still broken in exactly the same way, eight months later.

3:32:25 PM: Installing gem bundle
3:32:25 PM: /opt/buildhome/.rvm/gems/ruby-3.1.2/bin/bundle: 6: exec: /opt/buildhome/.rvm/gems/ruby-3.1.2/bin/ruby: not found

That report is not actionable in its current state. Since you seem to be the only person with this issue right now, @indirect, we would appreciate a site name we can investigate.

@hrishikesh the site I am seeing fail is named cloudcityio. here is an example failed deploy: Netlify App.

Could you confirm if clearing the cache is still working?

Yes, waiting for the automatic build to fail and then manually clearing the cache causes just that one build to pass. The next build then fails. This makes Netlify useless for anything automated. It’s been nine months. Are you planning to ever fix this?

This was actually fixed back when it was reported. So, this one needs another investigation - since you’re the only one reporting, it’s also possible this is not a system-wide issue as before.

The last message in this thread said the fix was rolled back. When was the previous fix actually applied for good?

It was done around August.

Well, it would have been extremely helpful, not to mention polite, to follow up on this months-old thread to let us know it was supposed to be fixed. I waited to report this new problem because this thread said the fix was still rolled back.

Great feedback, thanks for sharing it - you’re right! We’ll aim to do better in the future.

Glad to hear you arrived at an understanding that matches our current reality in the meantime, though!

Hey @indirect,

The devs tried to reproduce this issue, but this doesn’t seem to be happening for them. Could you allow us to download your build cache? Note: It will contain your repo.

Yes, it’s fine to download my build cache.

Thank you, the devs will continue investigating your cache and we will update you with the results.

The cause has been identified. The work that was done to fix the previous error is a cause of this new bug. If you update your gems, this problem occurs. The message for this one is rather misleading, which made you think it’s the same issue.

The devs will try to fix this as soon as possible, but as of now, we cannot give a timeline. You can continue to deploy as long as you don’t update your Gemfile, or if you do, you’d have to clear cache and deploy.