You don't have sufficient permissions

Hi, I deployed a gatsby site to Content Manager

I added netlify cms plugins to gatsby.

when I try to login I receive “You don’t have sufficient permissions to access Netlify CMS”

I have disabled and re-enabled the git gateway and re-deployed

I’ve also tried entering my own personal access token, github says it still hasn’t been used

I’ve tried relinking the github repo and making it public

I’ve also made sure that the user I created in identity has the role of admin which is the same role setup in git gateway

I think I’m out of ideas and need help getting past the security to my admin page.

Let me know what I should try next

Hey @jacques,

I’m going to echo the response of my colleague, @erez , who suggests:

1. Disabling/enabling git-gateway from Netlify site settings.
  2. Clearing browser cache (makes sure the CMS connects to the correct instance of git-gateway).
  3. Re-linking your site to the GitHub repo (and then disable/enable git-gateway ) from Netlify site settings.
  4. Creating your own token on GitHub manually and supply it to git-gateway via Netlify site settings.

I see that you have already tried some of these but there’s a couple of others to try :+1:

Did you ever get this fixed? I’m having the very same issue and I already tried all the steps listed in this thread

1 Like

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in Netlify CMS. Looks like you posted your question a little while ago, but that you haven’t received a solution yet. Here’s where you might get more help:

netlifycms.org - the site houses our extensive documentation that likely contains helpful information to get you back on track.

netlify cms slack - join our friendly slack channel and chat with other cms pros to get the help you need.

GitHub Issues - think you’ve found a bug, or would like to make a feature request? Make your voice heard here. Netlify CMS is open source - PRs and other contributions are also welcome!

Stack Overflow Check StackOverflow for questions tagged “Netlify CMS” if you don’t get an answer in the Slack or the GH issues. StackOverflow reaches a worldwide audience of knowledgeable people.

Your question will be left open here for anyone to comment - but we encourage you to check out the above resources if you are still looking for a solution!

Did anyone get the solution? Tried what Scott suggested. Perhaps more detailed solution might help? Current solution is very vague and doesn’t even solve the problem.

Hi @simarmannsingh thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forums. We have this support guide which might Netlify CMS is now Decap CMS, but I’d encourage you to reach out to Decap’s team as they can be of assistance.