Home
Support Forums

Www version of custom domain of site is down (using Netlify-DNS)

The better the post - the faster the answer.

Site name: www.otl-group.co.uk

Setup custom domain, changed name servers over, but it’s either not loading or showing an SSL error. Usually when I change name servers over, it’s faster than this. Is it a matter of waiting or has something gone wrong somewhere?

When I used a DNS checking tool, it said the correct name server was reporting, but no DNS was found:

In the Netlify Domain panel it just says “Check DNS configuration” next to the www. variant of the domain, but the other one is fine. I’ve done the steps in there that it requested (update name servers).

Hi there! We’ve created this DNS Quickstart guide for this very purpose - to get you up and running as quickly as possible.

Please take a look - we have many resources listed at the bottom, too. And, there are tons of DNS questions you can access through our search! If your problem still persists after reading through all relevant guides, please post again and we will troubleshoot with you.

Thank you. Unless I’m missing something, I’ve already followed those steps. Sorry to ask here, but my client is waiting on this :sweat_smile:

Hi @Galaxian

Just to check you domain setup looks like the following:

Netlify DNS

Custom domain for site:

SSL:

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 23.56.20

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 23.57.09

I just clicked renew certificate and it seems to show both www and non-www. It also shows Netlify DNS next to the www version under custom domains now. I think that’s resolved it. Thank you for responding anyway.

Great news @Galaxian. My next suggestion was to exactly what you have done. :smile: