Where is active parameter in content/home/ folder?

Hello,

I’m trying to create a simple portfolio academic site (using the hugo academic theme). This page of the tutorial (Edit your profile | Wowchemy: Free Website Builder for Hugo) says to “open your content/home/ folder and set the active parameter to either true or false for each widget depending on if you wish to display it or not.”

I’m new to all of this and can’t find the “active” parameter. Any help is really appreciated, thank you!

My site name: https://katiehidden.netlify.app

Hi there, I see you’re new to web development and wish to develop a website using the theme. However, the question you’ve asked here is not Netlify related and thus, out of our scope to actually answer it. Even then, we can try to point you in the right direction but the answers might not be 100% correct. You’d get a much better answer for this question if you ask it to developers of the theme, or on Hugo forums.

To answer your question, the page you’ve linked to says this:

If your content/home/ folder is empty, populate it from the example site.

Have you tried that?

As I can see, if you check the files here: starter-academic/exampleSite/content/home at master · wowchemy/starter-academic · GitHub, each of them has an active parameter. This might be the one you’re looking for.

Thank you so much for your response! My folder looks similar to the one you linked. I don’t see the active parameters in your link, either. I’m not sure if I’m missing something obvious? Can you please tell me where the parameter actually is? I really appreciate your help.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I see the parameter for about.md however the parameter doesn’t seem to be in the other files in the home folder. Again I really appreciate your help.

1 Like