When sharing a site via mobile it says "site not found.:

Hi! I’m new to Netlify. I recently published a build (andimorrowforncsenate or andimorrownc.org) and when I go to “share” or copy/paste the link from my mobile device, it sends me to a lilnk that displays the following error message:

The Link it populates: https://65aa059bad02ea5086183961--stupendous-mochi-801c20.netlify.app/

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 10.11.08 PM

Whenever I go to the true domain, andimorrownc.org, it works perfectly. I didn’t get any errors from what I could see when publishing the deploy. It’s been like this since I created the site, purchased the Domain from Netlify, and the DNS records were created.

I tried searching the forums, but I couldn’t find anything similar. Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Did not try the AI Chatbot, wasn’t sure how to word this since I am not sure what is going on here.

Thank you for any and all help.

After posting I ended up scrolling a little bit more and found something that said to check my redirects. Looks like during deployment there are “2 invalid redirect rules found” and it says the index.html and blog.html are failing.

But they both show under the Deploy File Browser. I read where I could need to move those two from a sub-folder into the main, but they are under the main folder…

This is all a bit confusing for me, I build my sites via Brizy,io and used to use their cloud hosting but it got too expensive for the amount of sites I am needing to build currently. Apologies again if this is already answered elsewhere.

@ayyeeeitsammy I think you’re confusing yourself during your debugging efforts.

The redirects for example may be an issue, but they aren’t this issue.

The first question to ask is “where could the mobile device be getting that URL from during sharing etc.”

To answer that, you can search for occurrences of the URL within your deployed site output.

It’s immediately revealed in the <head> of your page:

Where it is set as both the og:url and the canonical.

This isn’t something that Netlify does, so it’s something about how your build is configured, you should check the codebase to see where it populates those values from.

1 Like

Okie dokie. I will take a look at the actual build itself and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Thank you!