Home
Support Forums

Website won't leave: Waiting on DNS propagation

My website has been stuck on Waiting on DNS propagation for about a week now. I’ve bought my domain with Netlify. As long as it’s awaiting propagation I also can’t create a certificate.

I have tried 3 times to re-do the DNS record thing. This time it’s taking more than a week. Any solutions?

My subdomain: disgocases.netlify.app
My domain 1 : www.disgocases.skin/
My domain 2 : disgocases.skin/
Also want: https://www.disgocases.skin/

Hi there! It looks like your DNS isn’t pointing to Netlify, which is most likely what is causing this issue.

Please take a look - we have many resources listed at the bottom, too. And, there are tons of DNS questions you can access through our search! If your problem still persists after reading through all relevant guides, please post again and we will troubleshoot with you.

my files are hosted on an external server. I’m not sure I understand. My goal is that my domain that I purchased with Netlify points to the IP of my server.

Both www.disgocases.skin and disgocases.skin load fine for me. You check DNS records on DNSChecker.

If you have moved, or a moving, your site away from Netlify, then you will need to move your domain away too, as per section 3 of the Self-Serve Subscription Agreement

Netlify Managed DNS or Netlify functions are strictly for use with sites deployed to Netlify.

Have a look at [Support Guide] How do I transfer my domain name to (or away from) Netlify? for information on that.

Hi, @DisGo. If you are not hosting the website for a domain at Netlify we do require that you move the DNS hosting either to the registrar’s DNS service or some other DNS service of your choosing.

If you would like assistance with this, please reply here and we will open a support ticket to complete that process.