[Webflow] Netlify forms submission error

Hello,

My site url: https://soyoo.netlify.app/

I have configured a Netlify form which is recognized by Netlify, but when I try to use the form, I’m getting an error message.

I have reviewed the requirements defined in the documentation and in the Support Guide for Forms problems, and everything seems fine.

This is the form code:

<form id="wf-form-Email-Form" name="wf-form-Email-Form" data-name="Email Form" method="post" class="contact-form">
<input type="hidden" name="form-name" value="wf-form-Email-Form">
<div class="w-layout-grid contact-form-grid">
<div id="w-node-a852d0df4a32-d0df4a24">
<label for="Nom">Nom</label>
<input type="text" class="text-field w-input" maxlength="256" name="Nom" data-name="Nom" placeholder="Entrez votre nom" id="Nom"></div>
<div id="w-node-a852d0df4a36-d0df4a24">
<label for="Email-3">Adresse email</label>
<input type="email" class="text-field w-input" maxlength="256" name="Email" data-name="Email" placeholder="Entrez votre e-mail" id="Email" required=""></div>
<div id="w-node-a852d0df4a3a-d0df4a24"><label for="Message">Message</label>
<textarea id="Message" name="Message" placeholder="Entrez votre message" maxlength="5000" data-name="Message" class="text-field cc-textarea w-input"></textarea>
</div></div>
<input type="submit" value="Envoyer" data-wait="Envoi en cours..." class="button contact2 w-button">
</form>

Note sure if that helps, but the site is designed in Webflow and converted to Jamstack with Udesly adapter, so I have not written any part of the code myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!

It looks like the form isn’t reaching till Netlify to be processed. It’s some JavaScript on the website’s end that’s blocking and throwing errors for the submission.

Hi @hrishikesh thanks for your review! Is there any way to identify the JavaScript error?

I don’t think so. If it all I’m right and it’s the JavaScript that’s causing the issue, it’s tough to locate what part of the JS is handling the form submission because the JS is uglified.

Even if you manage to locate the code and modify it, you’ll still have to somehow replace that JS with your custom one and with your workflow, I don’t know if it’ll work.

Thanks for your reply @hrishikesh . Is it possible to tag someone from Netlify technical support to have a look to the issue?

The team is always reading and replying to almost all the threads. So, you would be getting a reply sooner or later. The wait period would differ for all since the ‘team’ is small as compared to number of threads to reply to. So, mentioning or tagging people is possible, but if everyone starts asking for it, that would get unmanageable. I hope you understand. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the explanation! I’m new to Netlify and I don’t know yet how things work.

Hey @SOYOO974 :wave:t2:

Welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Yeah, we’ve seen pretty significant issues with Webflow-generated forms and Netlify Forms :confused: I haven’t looked at your particular site yet but have helped a few folks with this issue. Webflow generates forms that are ultimately processed by Javascript, not just pure HTML forms. You’d have to get under the hood and play with some of the Webflow-generated code to get the form to work just right, and I don’t think there’s a “Netlify Form” component in Webflow’s component library yet :confused:

I hope that helps,

Jon

Thanks!

I found the workaround on the forum:

1 Like

Hi, @soyoo. Thanks for the follow-up to let us know how you resolved the issue.