“Waiting on DNS propagation”

I cannot access to main site: overcoded.dev. It is my primary domain, but still can access my default subdomain: overcoded.netlify.app.

Both overcoded.dev and www.overcoded.dev are showing “Waiting on DNS propagation”.
I have registered overcoded.dev through Netlify (Registered on Feb 23, 2020 (2 years ago).

I am a bit confused by the situation. Furthermore when I click renew SSL certificates, I get back " DNS verification failed, overcoded.dev doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify ".

Would you mind giving me a bit of light on the issue. That would be nice.

Thanks,

Romain

Hey @TestardR

When did you update the DNS for overcoded.dev? DNS Checker is (currently) showing only Netlify nameservers in one location. Do remember DNS propagation can take anything up to 48 hours.

Meanwhile, checking locally with dig (dig overcoded.dev NS) yields an empty response. So either it is a matter of time, or there is an issue with your configuration.

Hi, @TestardR. I found the issue and resolved it. The domain is working now.

If you would like a more in-depth explanation of what cause the issue, please let us know and we’ll open a support ticket to discuss the issue.

Hey Luke & Coelmay,

Thanks a lot, it was fast to solve then. Please tell me what when wrong, I would like to know more for my devops debugging skills. :pray:

hi there,

i’ve moved this to our helpdesk so that luke can more easily give you a bit more infomation on this issue. you should receive an email from us over the next few days!