Verify my site: “{domain name} or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.”

Hello,

I am opening a support ticket so that I can request verification of a domain on my account.

In the past, the website I now manage was managed by another developer. That developer has deleted the site from his account, but I am still unable to deploy the site from my account. I receive the error message: " louis-jack.com or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team. ". Now because I am unable to get ahold of the previous developer, I would like to verify the ownership of the domain by following Netlify’s suggested method of adding the verified-for-netlify record to my host DNS records.

• My netlify site name is: louis-jack.netlify.app
  • The custom domain is: louis-jack.com
  • The error message is: *louis-jack.com* or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.

Kindly let me know when the DNS record has verified my ownership of the domain so that I can attempt to deploy the site again with its custom domain.

Thank you,
Henry

I have added the TXT record in my hosting provider’s DNS records.

Hi :wave:t6: @henryb welcome to the Netlify support forums! Thank you for your patience! I have removed the DNS zones from the other account. You can add your domain to your account.

Hi @SamO thanks so much for the help! I can see that I am able to add this custom domain now. Looks perfect.

awesome! glad to hear it.