Verify my site: “{domain name} or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.”

Hello,

I am opening a support ticket so that I can request verification of a domain on my account.

In the past, the website I now manage was managed by another developer. That developer has deleted the site from his account, but I am still unable to deploy the site from my account. I receive the error message: " louis-jack.com or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team. ". Now because I am unable to get ahold of the previous developer, I would like to verify the ownership of the domain by following Netlify’s suggested method of adding the verified-for-netlify record to my host DNS records.

• My netlify site name is: louis-jack.netlify.app
  • The custom domain is: louis-jack.com
  • The error message is: *louis-jack.com* or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.

Kindly let me know when the DNS record has verified my ownership of the domain so that I can attempt to deploy the site again with its custom domain.

Thank you,
Henry

I have added the TXT record in my hosting provider’s DNS records.

Hi :wave:t6: @henryb welcome to the Netlify support forums! Thank you for your patience! I have removed the DNS zones from the other account. You can add your domain to your account.

Hi @SamO thanks so much for the help! I can see that I am able to add this custom domain now. Looks perfect.

awesome! glad to hear it.

hi
can you please help me out i have a problem with my domain its showing or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.} i did have an old account but i deleted it i added txt verified-for-netlify record to my host DNS records. as netlify ai told me but it did not help me.

I’ve removed the domain from the old account, you should be able to connect it successfully

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping me out

its shows this nowA DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1, the DNS provider backing Netlify DNS

The fastest and easiest solution for this error is to set up external DNS by creating an A and CNAME record following this guide. This will unblock you immediately.

1 Like

thank you so much for you help can you :heart:

I have same issue " theliteworld.com or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team."

Hi :wave:t6: @eliteworld-uk thanks for reaching out and welcome to Netlify support forums!

You will need to set a txt record to verify you own this domain. At this time I see the following:

% host -t txt verified-for-netlify.theliteworld.com

Host verified-for-netlify.theliteworld.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

When this is updated please let me know!

harmonicmaster.com I got same error on my domain also and I added txt record for my cloudflare account
DNS record

hi :wave:t6: thanks for reaching out! I have removed the dns zones from this site? you can now add this domain to your account.

please this my domaine i cant add in my account netlify (geit.online)

Hi @samirsami09812 , I see we already replied to you with details in another thread. Please post your DNS TXT record in the other thread according to instructions I left for you there. Thanks!