Unknown Failing Branch Deploy from gh-pages

Hello,
I’m not actually having an issue with deployment—it actually deploys fine, but for some reason I’m getting these extra deployments that are being triggered. I did not set this up, or perhaps I did a while ago, but I don’t know how to turn them off. I’m not using gh-pages, and the branch doesn’t exist. I have deployments set up when I commit to main, but I don’t have anything related to gh-pages. It also seems to attempt to deploy every few seconds, which I definitely don’t want.

In this screenshot, you can see the latest deploy which has my commit message (working as intended), but for all of the failed deploys below it I don’t know where they’re coming from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

site: https://vgdc.club/
failed deploy log:

5:26:22 PM: Failed during stage 'preparing repo': git ref refs/heads/gh-pages does not exist
5:26:22 PM: build-image version: 006dca901dab83234b4881f914ac1a189ff41daa (focal)
5:26:22 PM: buildbot version: 217007009f52ddcc6b6c0352dbf8da729c735a36
5:26:22 PM: Fetching cached dependencies
5:26:22 PM: Failed to fetch cache, continuing with build
5:26:22 PM: Starting to prepare the repo for build
5:26:22 PM: git ref refs/heads/gh-pages does not exist or you do not have permission
5:26:22 PM: Failing build: Failed to prepare repo
5:26:22 PM: Finished processing build request in 746ms

Bumping this topic. I’m still getting a million of these deploys.

@MooKorea I saw your post yesterday but didn’t respond as I’m not too sure at first glance what’s going on.

I was also a little thrown by your statement of:

If you don’t know if you set something up, it’s going to be much harder for someone else with less project knowledge and visibility to assist you.

Those aren’t seconds, they’re minutes.
Something tries to deploy the branch (which doesn’t exist) approximately once every minute.

Have you checked:

The Branch deploy controls?

If you have any build hooks?

Do you have a CMS integration that might be attempting builds?

Did you set up a cron somewhere that might be attempting builds?

You are right, it was a CMS (Contentful) webhook that was improperly set up that was triggering those builds. I removed it, and now it’s fixed. It was hard to pinpoint the issue at first because netlify doesn’t tell me where or how the build was triggered.

Thanks for the help!

@MooKorea Excellent, I’m glad my wild guesses helped!