Unable to configure domain name

Hi,

I am unable to add the domain name redhill.com.de to my Netlify site. The system takes it as a subdomain of com.de, but .com.de is a second level TLD for businesses in Germany.

Site ID: redhill-com-de

Appreciate it if someone could help me out on this. Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 16.03.22|690x368

Hey there! I’m currently looking in to this. You may see some custom domains added/removed from this site during this time. Hang tight!

Hey there,

Unfortunately – at this time, we do not support the .com.de TLD. It’s not registered as a public suffix so, therefore today, it’s unrecognisable by us. I’ll look to see if there’s anything we can do but I can’t make any promises!

Hi, Oh okay. Hoping to hear some good news! Thanks!

Awesome. I’ve got the feature request filed. We’ll keep you posted if/when there’s movement on this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @PressOffice ,

We would kindly ask that you reach out to the registrar and ask them to add their suffix to the Public Suffix List which would allow us to adopt and use this as a recognised TLD. Hope this helps!

@PressOffice

Looks like .com.de has been added to the public suffix list, but our UI will sadly still block you from adding it because it thinks you are trying to add a suffix.

However, you should be able to add the domain to your site via our API. Documentation is here: Get started with the Netlify API | Netlify Docs

Can you give that a try and let us know how it goes?