Unable to add Let's Encrypt certificate

Hi there,

I’m having an issue adding a Let’s Encrypt certificate to my install. I have received the following warning messages when attempting to renew the certificate through the UI:

Acme::Client::Error::RateLimited: Error creating new order :: too many failed authorizations recently: see Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

SniCertificate::CertificateNonvalidError: Unable to verify challenge for www.rightstartmortgage.com: DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up CAA for www.rightstartmortgage.com - the domain’s nameservers may be malfunctioning

Netlify site url: right-start-mortgage.netlify.app
Custom domain: rightstartmortgage.com

Any assistance you can provide with this would be great appreciated!

hi there,

this is sometimes a transient error that resolves itself after a time period of not trying.

are you still seeing it?

Hey Perry,

Yes, I’m still seeing the error on my end. I first attempted to add the certificate around 7pm PST yesterday, and still haven’t had any luck with it going through. I’ve add certificates to numerous sites on Netlify, but haven’t come across this issue before.

Hey @hamletave

rightstartmortgage.com is configured correctly with a A record pointing to the Netlify load balancer IP.

www.rightstartmortgage.com is not configured correctly as there is also an A record pointing to the Netlify load balancer IP when what is required is a CNAME record pointing to right-start-mortgage.netlify.app.

See the Configure a subdomain documentation.