Home
Support Forums

Unable to add custom domain - "Another site is already using this domain"

I believe that Netlify has removed my active site from my “sites” list. However it is still accessible.

• Old site with the custom domain: inspiring-lamarr-48ac51
  • New site I wish to use the custom domain on: vigorous-galileo-c6daf5

When I try and register the custom domain (macs.codes) to the new site (vigorous-galileo-c6daf5), I receive the error “Another site is already using this domain”.

The other site that’s using that domain is inspiring-lamarr-48ac51, however I no longer have access to it from my netlify sites list for some reason.

Could this be due to the fact that I use cloudflare to proxy the traffic?

Thanks so much!

Hi @Delta,

The domain is connected to your other account, the one associated with the @pm.me address.

1 Like

Thank you so much @hrishikesh. Completely forgot.

I don’t actually use that account, it’s an alias for protonmail which netlify doesn’t allow sign ups with for some reason.

As per Email domain @protonmail.com is not supported - #16 by luke Protonmail accounts are permitted now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Delta,

So do I take it that you’d be using that account? Because this new one has the DNS zone configured for the domain you talked about. It could cause problems. So, I’d recommend to delete the DNS zone from here: Netlify App. You can then continue using it in the other account.

1 Like

@coelmay - Awesome news thanks for that!

@hrishikesh - Thank you all deleted. Problem solved :grin:

Thanks again!