Home
Support Forums

Tracker "idealTree" already exists

Hey Guys

I am in the process of getting my https://graph-cards.netlify.app/ site live and I found an annoying issue (that is likely due to my weird choice of tooling)

I am currently using pnpm and due to it not being supported I am having to use this article to get it up and running: How to Use PNPM in Netlify Build | Sean C Davis

The issue I am having is that when npm install goes to run:

4:21:09 PM: Installing NPM modules using NPM version 8.1.2
4:21:10 PM: npm ERR! Tracker "idealTree" already exists
4:21:10 PM: npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
4:21:10 PM: npm ERR!     /opt/buildhome/.npm/_logs/2021-12-31T08_21_10_578Z-debug.log
4:21:10 PM: Error during NPM install

When I did some googling I came up with this: dockerfile - npm ERR! Tracker "idealTree" already exists while creating the Docker image for Node project - Stack Overflow

It appears that some change to how npm install works from node v15 onward is causing the issue, so as a temporary work around I have added a .nvmrc like so:

v14.18.2

However it would be nice if I could use the latest LTS

Any help apreciated
Cheers!

I am actually confused how this is related to pnpm. I mean, regardless of pnpm Netlify would be installing Node Modules for all Node.js-based projects, correct? I don’t see it failing while doing that.

So could you explain why this would only happen when using pnpm?

Hey!

Not sure If it’s caused by pnpm, I raised it as somthing that makes my project non standard

Do you have a repo we can check then? Because Node 16 is used by default on the latest build images on Netlify, so I don’t see why this error would occur.

I can’t get on for probably another 24-48hrs but I will do when I can