Home
Support Forums

The Docs keep scrolling to the top ๐Ÿ‘€

So the docs page keeps scrolling the page to the top when I navigate to another section

Just wanted to report the issue XD
You people really need a chat widget or something, why do I need to signup to the forum to report an issue๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ?

Welcome to the forum @Hazem3500

Sorry, but I am unable to replicate your issue. And

Can you provide the following:

• operating system
  • browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)
  • browser version
  • which page(s) this happens on.
1 Like

Windows 10
Chrome Version 92.0.4515.107

So we can answer more people who might have the same issue.

About the issue, I do believe this is something happening locally as I canโ€™t reproduce it.

2 Likes

Iโ€™m having the same issue it seems. For me this is happening on every docs.netlify.com page I tried. The main site (netlify.com) does not have the same issue.

ezgif-3-55278b8608a6

Google Chrome (dev) v94
Windows 10 (OS Build 19042.1110)

I also tried Firefox v90 and Edge v92 but neither have the same issue.

Hey there, @csv :wave:

Thank you so much for reaching out about this, and welcome to the Netlify Forums. I am sorry to hear you are encountering this! I have shared this feedback with the Documentation team to dig into further.

Can you roughly pinpoint when this issue began for you? Additionally, if you clear your cache and revisit the site using the same window, does it still occur?

1 Like

Hey @csv,

Could this be extension or something causing problems? Could you try to disable all and check if the issue still exists?

1 Like

All my extensions are already disabled (I typically enable them per site).

I cleared out site data for docs (https://www.howtogeek.com/664912/how-to-clear-storage-and-site-data-for-a-single-site-on-google-chrome/), but after reloading I still have the same issue.

Can you roughly pinpoint when this issue began for you?

I think I visited the docs sometime before my vacation, and I donโ€™t remember having the issue then. Maybe 5-8 weeks ago? Though Iโ€™m not certain.

Thanks for confirming, @csv

I will share this with our Docs team and see if they need any additional information or if they have received similar reports. I cannot guarantee next steps or changes, as our team is currently unable to reproduce this.

Thanks again for sharing some details here. If you think of any additional relevant information in the interim, please donโ€™t hesitate to update this thread :slight_smile:

Hi @csv and @Hazem3500,

While we havenโ€™t been ale to reproduce the issue ourselves, weโ€™ve an issue filed internal to investigate this and possibly come up with a solution. Thank you for reporting. We will update the thread if weโ€™ve any more information to provide.

1 Like