[Support Guide] Bitbucket PR deploy previews fail

At this time, you can link to either GitHub, GitLab, Azure Devops, or Bitbucket via the Netlify User Interface.

Until March 30, 2023, we were unable to build PR deploys for Bitbucket-backed repos.

Today we worked around the missing feature at bitbucket and you can now get the full Netlify experience - with Deploy Previews and even Collaborative Deploy Previews.

You can read more details here: Collaborative Deploy Previews now available with Bitbucket

Just wondered if there had been any progress with deploy previews on bitbucket repos

Hi @DaveHarrison,

thanks for checking in on this. I took a look at the underlying ticket where these concerns are being tracked on Atlassian/BitBucket’s side, which you can see here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-5814

Apparently, there is no movement, even though as you can see people are asking for this loud and clear, and the issue is 7 years old at this point. I’ve re-opened this thread so we can keep you up to date if there is any movement on this, but, to the best of my current knowledge, until BitBucket unblocks us, there isn’t much we can do. Sorry we don’t have better news.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: that a Bitbucket roadmap estimation of Q3 2020 is still accurate

1 Like

i just checked the bitbucket issue again and it doesn’t seem like there have been any updates. Sorry everyone. I guess we’ll have to keep checking back.

In the good news department, today we finally worked around that missing feature at bitbucket, and we now support builds for PR’s from bitbucket! I’ll update the support guide to mention this, but also wanted to send a message for anyone who is just watching the replies on this thread.

More details here: Collaborative Deploy Previews now available with Bitbucket