Home
Support Forums

Subdomain doesn't appear on google result but its accessible with url

Hello everybody, :smiley:

I apologize in advance if an answer has already been given elsewhere but after having read several posts a priori none mention this subject :smiling_face_with_tear:

I created two sites reacted and bought an external domain name (ovh)

after having published my first site using netlify by changing the DNS everything works (njgconnect.fr) and the site is well referenced on google searches

I created a lyatomcms.njgconnect.fr subdomain on netlify and connected the second site which is easily accessible

unfortunately it is not visible on google searches.

I don’t see how to make it visible on google searches

I asked for indexing on google but nothing works

Thank you in advance for your responses ideas or interest in me :blush:

Welcome to the forums @JeremyNoh

When searching to Lyatom CMS the first hit is https://www.npmjs.com/package/lyatom-cms which contains links to GitHub, the demo site, and others. I see no links back to lyatomcms.njgconnect.fr, just as there is none on GitHub. Add to that lyatomcms.njgconnect.fr has no links to other sites, such as GitHub or NPM. One think I believe Google looks at is relevance which includes what links to a site and what a site links to. In this instance, it would appear the answer to both is nothing.

I haven’t asked Google to index a site in some time but I recall that there was not guarantee of when the indexing would occur.

As you are using React, do you have pre-rendering enabled? This will help when search engines index.

I do feel this question is less a Netlify-specific thing, and more suited to Google’s Search Community.

Heyyy thank you for your quick reply, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not to say stupidity I inquired on the side of google in order to bring a thoughtful answer.

In our case the site does not appear at all in google search
Unlike a seo problem | external mesh it would even appear unclassified.

(Also we have already communicated this link several times on social networks in addition to being present on other sites)

I also noticed that in the end it is the same process for all the sub.branchs
Example (dev.njgconnect.fr) or other that we can create :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So to ask a more specific question,
Do you know how to reference a sub.branch on netlify? :thinking:

I’m not certain that posting links on social media sites is an automatic guarantee they will get picked up by search engines.

I’m not sure what you mean.

Do you know how to indexing a subdomain on netlify? :sweat_smile:

There is no indexing done by Netlify. Indexing of domains/pages is done by a search engine (such as Google.)

I agree,
but can the configuration of a DNS record impact it?

Not that I am aware of.

Google related search questions are best directed to Google Forums
https://support.google.com/webmasters/threads