SSL not working on intercom help subdomain

Hey I’ve added a CNAME with a subdomain (help.debtorinfo.com) to debtorinfo.com - this links to an intercom help page. For some reason the SSL cert is not added to it…

What do I need to do?

Our service is incompatible with intercom around SSL proxying for help center, based on many past attempts. Sorry I don’t have better news for you, but there is no way to get it to work in that configuration; you’ll have to use some other service for that purpose (or intercom could start providing real SSL support, but I asked them to do that 3 years ago when we were customers, and they basically said no, so I am not hopeful that it will happen).

Hi @fool - Has there been any update on this issue?

Hey @julianh,

No. We can only provision SSL for pages served by Netlify. We could add a feature request for otherwise, but I don’t think that is possible with our current setup.

1 Like

Hey folks! While we can still only provision certificates for hostnames we host, the docs at intercom have been updated since I last read them. I don’t know if it is now possible to proxy to their custom.intercom.help address from our proxy rewrites: Rewrites and proxies | Netlify Docs .

Last time we tried to configure it, what we found was that things wouldn’t work (and their docs were updated to mention the blocking requirement, which I no longer see there). We’re no longer intercom customers so if someone wanted to give a try and report back with how it went, maybe things work better now?