SSL certificate

Hello!
Writing here about earth-v1.netlify.app

I’ve recently added a (cyrillic) domain ( еагтн.бг ) and delegated dns management to netlify. It’s appearing as insecure in the browser and I was wondering about how I can get netlify to issue an ssl certificate for it.

Best,
Aarati

@AaratiAkkapeddi How long ago did you do this? Whois says you are using Netlify name servers but dig does not.

I did it two days ago.

Hi, @AaratiAkkapeddi. In most cases, the SSL certificate should update automatically when the new domain name is added. Sometimes this fails due to TTL (time to live) values. TTLs are just part of DNS. This isn’t anything specific to Netlify.

If the initial SSL certificate update does fail, wait for the TTL to expire the previous records. Once the previous records expire, then click the “Renew certificate” button on the HTTPS settings page for the site (under Site Name > Settings > Domain management > HTTPS).

This button did work went I tried just now here. The SSL certificate is working when I test now.

Note, I didn’t change anything. I just clicked the button. Your DNS setting were correct. Our system was just waiting for this button to be clicked before trying to update the SSL certificate again.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Amazing! Thanks so much. This worked.

1 Like