Some mail especially client email bounce back

Some emails got bounce back when sending to our domain name. What I meant by some is, only a certain number not all of. We use Gmail so I follow the required step by adding all the MX files. Our mail service was back but still having an issue with a small number of incoming mail from clients that bounce back.

Error from outlook

Error from Gmail

  • DNS Error: 15353578 DNS type ‘mx’ lookup of actstitude.com responded with code NXDOMAIN

Domain name not found: actstitude.com

Netlify site name: https://actstitude.netlify.app/

Step I have tried:

I have tried the DNS lookup and the record matches and I can’t find any problem (first time doing this)

Waiting for the propagation time

Read [Support Guide] How do I migrate a domain to Netlify DNS with zero downtime?

Checking mail header and using google admin toolbox

Until now no clue. Any help will be much appreciated.

Attached is the record snapshot

edit: some similar cases but I have no idea what he meant

Your DNS doesn’t seem to be managed by Netlify, in the sense, your Nameservers aren’t the ones Netlify generally gives its users:

It’s been a while since it propagating, I got a different result than yours. So I can confirm it managed by netlify

Oh, you made a typo in your original post, thus the difference. Yes, the correct domain does have the correct DNS, so I’m not sure why it won’t work. A Support Engineer should get back to you soon.

Hai thanks for letting me know haha… edited

Hi, @G9000. Note, our support team cannot troubleshoot Google’s services. We can only troubleshoot the services Netlify provides - in this case the DNS service.

I do see the DNS records in question working when I test:

$ dig +noall +answer  actstitude.com MX
actstitude.com.		3599	IN	MX	10 alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.
actstitude.com.		3599	IN	MX	10 alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
actstitude.com.		3599	IN	MX	1 aspmx.l.google.com.
actstitude.com.		3599	IN	MX	5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
actstitude.com.		3599	IN	MX	5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.

Those are the five MX records from your screenshot.

When I looked at the WHOIS data for the domain, I see this:

$ whois actstitude.com | grep "Updated Date"
   Updated Date: 2021-03-02T09:07:13Z
Updated Date: 2021-03-02T09:07:12

It does look like the DNS settings at the registrar were updated recently so this could just be TTL (time to live) issues. Depending on the TTL in the previous (not the current) NS records, it could take 48 hours or longer for the DNS settings to update. (I don’t have any way of seeing the previous DNS record so I don’t know if this is true or not.)

If there are any questions about DNS records not working, please let us know and we will be here to keep troubleshooting.

Hai just a quick update, I reapply the MX record then it suddenly works… can close this topic now.

For those who have the same problem, you might just want to remove and re-add again or tell your boss to be patient xD.