Home
Support Forums

Site fails to show except after repeated refreshes if the dns on my machine is not set to 8.8.8.8

site fails to show except after repeated refreshes if the dns on my machine is not set to 8.8.8.8

Hi there, glad you found us :wave: before we can help you, we need a little more information on the issues you are facing.

Please tell us:

• the name of your build instance: “example-jones.netlify.com
  • what you have already tried
  • any error messages you have received in your terminal window or in the developer console

For DNS issues, a good place to start are the Netlify Docs.

Hello
jolly-ramanujan-90c6bd
It was working fine but about one month ago on some devices it shows “This site can’t be reached”
I moved my domain to another host but still the same. After many refreshes the page shows up but I need many refreshes to reach another page on the site. When I set my connection dns to 8.8.8.8 it works fine

Hi @hwaya

I am able to access your site fine, although it is a blank page because of errors. Are you using a custom domain? If so, what is the domain you are using?

the domain is
badrstores.com

This is what I see.

If you are not seeing this, have you tried the following:

• tried a private/incognito window
  • cleared you cache
  • tried a different browser
  • tried a different device
  • tried a different network
1 Like

I tried all that and it shows the website correctly if my internet connection dns is set manually to 8.8.8.8 but if it is automatic it shows “This site can’t be reached” and upon refreshing many times it shows the page and when i go to an internal link it needs many refreshes to open

Could make many guesses as to where the issue is, what the cause is, and how to resolve it. But guesses don’t often amount to much.

The solution to your issue is well beyond the scope of these forums especially as it is not a Netlify issue.

Is it possible to add my SSL certificate here? and my static ip? or to transfer the hosting service here?

By here you mean on Netlify?

Your site is already hosted on Netlify.
Netlify doesn’t use static IP addresses for sites because sites are served from a CDN.

yes i mean netlify by the word here. And I mean transferring my domain to be hosted here in netlify rather than pointing to netlify dns from my domain host

Short answer: no.

Long answer: You can register domains through Netify, but they don’t accept inbound transfers. Your domain is configured to use Netlify DNS as opposed to pointing an A/CNAME record to Netlify.

Your domain, and the setup of it, is not the issue here. As pointed out earlier, I am able to access your site and have used a VPN to check access from different locations. Changing DNS settings is not going to solve the issue of your not being able to access it. The issue you have is related to your computer/device, your network, and/or your service provider.

1 Like