Site can't be reached ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• we need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot

The better the post - the faster the answer.

domains:

This connection issue seems to occur on chrome and intermittently on firefox. I’m not sure if i’m missing a setting somewhere.
There are no issues on deployment.

Thanks.

Hi @clembrulee Welcome to the Netlify community :netliconfetti:

clementsung.com and www.clementsung.com are still showing the Hover landing page. Please note this post

FYI @clembrulee I am now able to access your site using your custom domain.

Hi, @clembrulee. You are using both Netlify DNS and hover.com DNS at the same time. This can been seen in the WHOIS data for the domain. I’ve included the relevant lines below:

$ whois clementsung.com | grep -i "name server"
   Name Server: DNS1.P01.NSONE.NET
   Name Server: DNS2.P01.NSONE.NET
   Name Server: DNS3.P01.NSONE.NET
   Name Server: DNS4.P01.NSONE.NET
   Name Server: NS1.HOVER.COM
   Name Server: NS2.HOVER.COM
Name Server: ns1.hover.com
Name Server: ns2.hover.com
Name Server: dns1.p01.nsone.net
Name Server: dns2.p01.nsone.net
Name Server: dns3.p01.nsone.net
Name Server: dns4.p01.nsone.net

This is neither supported nor recommended. Please either:

a) Remove the hover.com name servers from your DNS configuration at the registrar.

or

b) Stop using Netlify DNS completely and use the external DNS instructions instead.

If there are questions about either solution, please let us know.

how would i do solution a?

At Hover.com you would remove their name servers so that only the Netlify DNS name servers remain. How exactly that is done, that I do not know. I can give you technical support for Netlify but not for Hover itself. There documentation on this appears to be here:

If there are other questions about how to remove Hover’s name servers, you might ask the technical support at Hover how to do it.

1 Like

i just removed the 2 hover name servers. do i need to redeploy or update any settings ?

All working.

1 Like