Home
Support Forums

Remove large file from project

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• we need to know your netlify site name. ecstatic-northcutt-b48f0e

• Build problems? last build
    the problem i’ve is i’m would like to remove large file media. i don’t be able to make it run correctly with vs code. i think i need your help to do that

regards

Thanks for letting us know you want to uninstall the Large Media add-on for your site. Would you please confirm you have read the following Support Guide?

If you have read that, please confirm you have backups of all files and that we should proceed with removing the Large Media add-on.

Yes I’ve backup of all files you can proceed. I already use a old publish version of the site because of new one with large media disable all my images.

Si you can go ahead. I use netlify CMS for this project so I suppose this doesn’t remove my .md files ?

Hi, @sandro-git. The change doesn’t do anything at all to the repo itself. The change is simply that I’m disabling the Large Media plugin for the site at Netlify. This literally has no effect on the repo itself.

We have removed the Large Media add-on from the site now. However, you do need to manually make a change in the repo to complete this process.

Would you please push the commit removing .lfsconfig to the upstream repository? This will trigger a new build using the Git LFS service of the upstream report host instead of Large Media.

Please keep in mind that you might want to run the command below after deleting the .lfsconfig file:

git lfs push --all origin

This will sync the local repo’s LFS objects with the Git LFS service at the original Git host. It pushes any new binary blobs to their LFS service which may have been added after you moved the LFS service to Large Media.

Please let us know if there are any issues with the new build or deployed site.

I wasn’t using git lfs before adding large media. Do I have to run to ?

Cordialement
Sandro Das Neves

Hi, @sandro-git. That depends on if you are tracking files using Git LFS or not and on if you have made changes to those files between the time you started using Large Media and now. If both of those are true then I would recommend running that command (again, after committing the change to remove .lfsconfig).

This site’s repo is private so I cannot see if that is true or not. What I can say for certain is that .lfsconfig must be deleted and that change should be committed to the repo.

If there are other questions about this, please reply anytime.

I just do it and I’ve no image display on the site.

I’m gonna make this folder public that may help you to help be better this way.

I just solve the issue checking out to a previous commit get back my images from there save them to my desktop and go to the current commit and replace the folder with the old one.

1 Like

Hey there, @sandro-git :wave:

Glad to hear you solved this issue! Thank you for sharing the steps you took to find a resolution. :netliconfetti: