Remove custom domain

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

Name: dreamy-keller-b8ad36.netlify.app
DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
Remove only mycovidconnect.com custom domain;
I dont want to remove www.mycovidconnect.com which is a cname in my domain account. Only want to remove mycovidconnect.com

I can’t delete because: "* This is a system record that cannot be managed directly.” similar to this issue

From what I know, Netlify manages both, the www and the non-www version of your domain. It’s probably non-deletable. What you might want to do instead is set the one with www as your primary domain and the non-www will redirect to www one automatically. Does that help?

i suspect my gmail dns is getting fiddled because of the *
cname has www. so i would want to know if only www version is possible and not non-www version

Could you please elaborate on what exactly are you trying to do? Honestly, any normal DNS configuration should not get affected by www and non-www, however, if we know what you’re trying to achieve, maybe we can provide a better solution.

Look here: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3Amycovidconnect.com&run=toolpage

My original gsuite was on domain managed by bigrock. since netlify now owns dns nameservers now i suspected my gmail id broke. now i added both bigrock and netlify ns back to bigrock and i started receiving emails albeit it looks sluggish as the emails sent 6 hrs back, i am receiving them now

You can manage DNS using Netlify. You can add MX, CNAME, A, TXT and all sorts of records in Netlify. Have you tried it already?

1 Like

Yup looks like its working. thks! but one of the online services does’nt seem to be able to send a recovery mail to my mail id. ill wait and see

1 Like