Home
Support Forums

Refreshing form page redirects to the html version

hello!
I have set up a Contact page with a form in it and also set up an html version in the public folder so that Netlify can detect the form. When the site is deployed and I’m trying to refresh the contact page, can see it remders the html version instead of the js. I couldn’t figure out why this is happening, can you please help?

Thanks,
laura

Hi @LauraApetroaei

Can you share the name of your site so others can check. If you can share the repository you are deploying from, that would also assist in troubleshooting the issue.

1 Like

Hiya, @LauraApetroaei

Sorry to hear you are encountering issues with your form. To start, have you read this Support Guide? It is the first port of call to debug any forms issues, and contains useful debugging steps for you to work through. There are also many other Support Guides for forms - you can find them here: #Netlify-support:support-guides

Echoing @coelmay, please share some additional information so that we can look into. this further! In addition to the repo, please share the following:

1. The URL for your live form as you want visitors to use it
  2. The URL of your deployed html form. In case you have a javascript form, we need to literally be linked to the html version you’ve deployed, as mentioned above (look for “ pure javascript form ”)
  3. The form name that you’ve set and that shows in our UI
  4. Any errors or logs from the Netlify build logs, dashboard or browser developer console
  5. Description of anything you have tried that did or didn’t help or make things better/worse

We also recommend trying to search the forums or look at topics tagged Netlify forms if you haven’t already - it’s likely your question was already asked by someone else!

1 Like