Profile Picture Change?

Hi. How can I change my profile picture?
Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

hi codeize, if you click on your avatar in the top right hand corner, and then on your username (slightly to the left), and then preferences, you can change your profile picture.

Hi Perry. Thanks a lot for your answer, does I’ve followed those steps, and it works on the community site, but is there a way to change it on the actual Netlify site? Again thanks so much. :smiley:

the netlify community forums and the netlify site are different systems :slight_smile:

I believe that netlify.com pulls the avatar from your github repo when you link a site. But I am not sure if when you change your github avatar, that we update it on netlify :thinking:

would you try and let us know?

Sure ofc. I’ll give you an update when I’ve tried :smiley:

1 Like

great! I’ll send you a sticker for your help (in solving this mystery) as soon as we are allowed to ship swag again, how bout that.

Sure man. Thanks! I’m not near my computer right now but I’ll be able to sort it out in about 45 mins? Does that sound ok?

yeah, no rush! can do whenever, just comment here and we’ll see it :slight_smile:

Hi again perry. I connected my GitHub account and a website from my repository and my profile pic didn’t change at all… maybe I’m doing something wrong? If so sorry! I’ll try again if you give me specific information :smiley:

hey Codeize,

so it seems that you don’t have a way to change the profile picture after the fact! Unexpected, I know!

We do have an open feature request for his to be a thing you can do, so i have added your voice there. If we change the behaviour, we’ll update you here. Sorry to not have better news for the moment!

Don’t worry at all, perry. Happy to make Netlify a better place :smiley: Have a good one and stay safe!

1 Like

+1 for this. I need to change my netlify’s avatar.

My profile picture is a previous employee at my company whose account I inherited. I could disassociate his Github and email accounts, but I couldn’t remove his face - which haunts me to this day :ghost:

hi there, so sorry to hear you are still being haunted :expressionless: i have added your comments to the internal issue we have tracking this, but at the moment nothing has changed on our end. We’ll definitely update you here once it has!

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I changed my BitBucket username, but the account still points to the old username.

Hi, @typhoon_2099. The solution that usually work is this:

1. Login using the email address and password.
  2. After logging in, update the Bitbucket account here: Netlify App
  3. Logout.

After this is done, logging in using the Bitbucket account should connect you to the expected team at Netlify. If this doesn’t work or if there are any questions, please let us know.

Just tried that but it didn’t seem to change anything. Removed Bitbucket, logged out and in, reconnected, logged out and in, cleared cache (somehow still logged in, guessing SSO). No change.

Hi, @typhoon_2099. I moved this issue to our support helpdesk so we can troubleshoot without sharing your email address publicly.

Please reply here though if you do not see that email from us.

Spoke to support, by design Netlify gets your avatar when you first link an account, and then that’s it. No option to change it, and unlinking/relinking will do nothing. And there’s no plans to change that in the future.

hey @typhoon_2099 - what you are describing is unfortunately correct :expressionless:

We DO plan on changing this behaviour though - we are aware its not ideal - but I don’t have a firm ETA on when this might be possible.

As soon as I know more, I will definitely update here, i know folks are excited to be able to change their avatars.