Home
Support Forums

Please Remove Large Media Add On

Hello,

I went down the route of trying out Large Media Add On with git lfs and now I have cold feet. I would like to remove it from the site and if possible revert the git history to where it was before I started.

The site API ID is

446ebfc0-9a61-4ac1-ad74-a0a748713786

The site isn’t live yet so consequences are low. Any images I have on the site are backed up else where. All the content is going to get wiped before launching anyway.

When the add on is removed, can I do a reset --hard to the commit hash before starting all this and pushing that up ?

Cheers

Hi,

We have removed the Large Media add-on from the site now.

Would you please push the commit removing .lfsconfig to the upstream repository? This will trigger a new build.

Please keep in mind that you might want to run the command below after deleting the .lfsconfig file:

git lfs push --all origin

This will sync the local repo’s LFS objects with the Git LFS service at the original Git host. It pushes any new binary blobs to their LFS service which may have been added after you moved the LFS service to Large Media.

Please let us know if there are any issues with the new build or deployed site.

Hi!

Thanks for sorting that. I followed the instructions but my builds are currently failing. The error is showing that I cannot call .Fill on a resource that isn’t an image. I checked locally and the images are all in there and Hugo builds fine locally. Netlify I suspect is trying to do Hugo transforms on the pointer files (which shouldn’t be there) and failing (because they are text files and not images).

I don’t have time to properly look into it now but perhaps there is a cache I need to clear or something along these lines?

Cheers

Could you share the deploy link and possibly the Git repo?

I am not sure what you mean by deploy link sorry! Is this the public facing URL for the site or something else ?

The repo is currently not public. I could make it public if that would really help though.

This is the error I get in the logs.

4:49:07 PM: Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: render of "section" failed: execute of template failed: template: _default/list.html:5:19: executing "_default/list.html" at <partial "artwork.html" .>: error calling partial: execute of template failed: template: partials/artwork.html:3:7: executing "partials/artwork.html" at <partial "components/featured-image" .>: error calling partial: "/opt/build/repo/layouts/partials/components/featured-image.html:4:18": execute of template failed: template: partials/components/featured-image.html:4:18: executing "partials/components/featured-image.html" at <.Fill>: error calling Fill: image "/opt/build/repo/content/print/test-print/austin-neill-be7dmck7k3o-unsplash.jpg": fill : image: unknown format

This is after I removed all the images and references to them from the markdown and content folder. I could have missed one though.

I did miss one reference. It was in a different archetype!

I wiped out all the existing references to images and it built without errors then. I have since added content with images back in using the CMS and it is currently building. So for now I think we might be groovy. Didn’t really solve the problem but it appears not to be a problem any more.

Cheers