Please Remove AAAA Record

We have designed a new site using Webflow, and it is asking us to add a CNAME record, which we have already done, and it also states that we must remove the existing AAAA record from our domain (www.zulurepublic.io). Apparently, this is a system record which I cannot edit or remove. Upon doing some research, I saw that some users have requested you to remove it and you have been able to assist. Please remove the AAAA record for www.zulurepublic.io pointing to the Netlify IPv6.

Also, please update/create the following A records for “@” on the zulurepublic.io DNS:

I realize that since we are not using the root domain for netlify that I could revert back to our registrar’s DNS, but we have lots of DNS records here that we would have to migrate over, and also we may still use netlify’s git based builds in the near future, or possibly for a subdomain, so we’d like to retain you as our nameserver. But I do need the domain’s @ A record to point to the IPs mentioned above.

Hi, @majestic84, and welcome to our Netlify community site. :+1:

There are “system records” which will block the creation and serving of DNS records for the same names with Netlify DNS. Those are the records types of NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6.

Would you please confirm that we should delete both the NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 records here (the link below) both for www.zulurepublic.io and zulurepublic.io?

Should we do this for any other names besides the apex/root domain of zulurepublic.io and the www subdomain of that domain? If so, which other names should have the system records for them deleted?

If there are any questions about this, please let us know.

Hi Luke,

Yes, please delete both the NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 records for both www.zulurepublic.io and zulurepublic.io. At this time, we only require this change for the root domain.

Thank you for your quick response!

Hi, @majestic84. Those records have now been deleted. ​Please let us know if there are other questions or more we can do to assist.