Page Not Found / Link to Resume .pdf

Hi,

I uploaded my resume (pdf) to static/uploads/ in GitHub. Clicking this link (text below) to download my resume brings up a “Page not found” page.

{{< icon name=“download” pack=“fas” >}} Download my {{< staticref “static/uploads/Resume Katie Hidden 2021.pdf” “newtab” >}}resumé{{< /staticref >}}.

My site is: https://katiehidden.netlify.app

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hey there @Kate

Have you read this Support Guide that outlines what to do if you receive a page not found error? This is a good place to start if you haven’t!

Hi Hillary,

Thank you! I just looked through it and tried to troubleshoot but I’m really new to this and can’t seem to figure it out. I think I’m not linking to it correctly maybe? But I’m not sure where to find out what the link should be. I hope that makes sense. I checked the deploy log and it did deploy successfully.

Thanks for your help!

My main site loads just find, by the way. The problem is only if I click the link for my resume.

Well, I finally figured it out. I had to change the link to:

{{< icon name=“download” pack=“fas” >}} Download my {{< staticref “uploads/Resume Katie Hidden 2021.pdf” “newtab” >}}resumé{{< /staticref >}}.

(just removed the “static/” part).

Thanks for your help, Hillary!

1 Like

Wow, quick resolution! :netliconfetti:

Thanks so much for sharing these steps, @Kate ! This will help future Forums members should they encounter something similar.