Home
Support Forums

Page not found issue from my website

Actually I have updated correctly. Even the html file name is correct however once I clicked, it shows that page not found. The additional information about my website is as below.

Default subdomain

Options

Primary domain

Netlify DNS

Options

Redirects automatically to primary domain

Netlify DNS

ttps://www.phb-consulting.de

Hi there,

Did you see this guide yet? This is the best place to start for “Page Not Found” issues.

If you are still seeing issues after following the troubleshooting steps in this guide as well as the comments, please let us know!

Hi Hillary,

I have seen what you attached, however, there is no solution for me. If you dont mind, could you review it and advise me what is wrong?

Hi Hillary,

I have seen what you attached, however, there is no solution for me. If you dont mind, could you review it and advise me what is wrong?

Can you please send over a link to your public repo, your build settings, and your most recent deploy log? Thank you.

1 Like

Please see below. however I dont know how to get public repo and build settings. Otehrwise, I put as below.

8a4d260c-81d4-4d09-9182-b73a1f254dea

9:14:55 PM: Creating deploy upload records
9:14:55 PM: Starting post processing
9:14:55 PM: Post processing - HTML
9:14:55 PM: Post processing - header rules
9:14:55 PM: Post processing - redirect rules
9:14:55 PM: Post processing done
9:14:56 PM: Site is live :sparkles:

1 Like

Hi @PHB-Sales :wave:

Thanks for sending that over, I appreciate it.

For build settings, there is an example for how to get your build settings in the comments of the Support Guide I linked above. I have made a note for us to move that into the main guide from the comment section, as I can now see that it may not have been clear. You can use the following: https://app.netlify.com/sites/{YOUR_SITE}/settings/deploys#continuous-deployment

Thank you!

1 Like

Dear Hillary,

thank you very much for your answer.

is it what you are looking for?

phb-consulting | Site overview (netlify.com)

many thanks,

Hi @PHB-Sales

The screenshot of your files looks correct. I assume by your log you are deploying via drag and drop.

Is the file index.html called that? Is Windows hiding file extensions so it is possibly index.html.html? (You can check this in Windows Explorer > View menu “File name Extensions”.)

Have you downloaded the deploy to check the files in your deploy to ensure they are the same as you uploaded? There is a download icon on each deploy.

1 Like

Dear Coelmay,

thank you very much for your answer. Yes it was done by drag and drop.

Yes it is the same file and I have already checked the uploaded file.

Extention is correct that is index.html.

could you let me know what could be the root cause of it?

many thanks,

It appears the files you uploaded are possibly not sitting at the root of your site. Are they perhaps sitting inside another directory?

The fact that phb-consulting.netlify.app/index.html means there is no index.html file in the root of your project (as uploaded). So either the filename is incorrect (e.g. index.html.html as alluded to previously) or it resides in a sub-directory (e.g. if phb-consulting.netlify.app/new-website/index.html and not at the project root.)

1 Like

Hi Coelmay,

where have you following found? is it build setting? what is the correct name? I will call it “setting” in the next sentence.

• phb-consulting.netlify.app/index.html

what is supposed to be correct setting? Following is the ideal setting as long as the index file is located in main root folder?

Also, until 03.Aug.2021, even though the root structure is the same, it worked but suddenly it happened since 04,Aug.2021. I updated old deploy files and the same problem appeared as well.

Sorry @PHB-Sales, but I do not understand what you are asking.

phb-consulting.netlify.app/index.html is the same as phb-consulting.netlify.app/ in that both URLs will return the contents of index.html to the browser. Your site does not have an index.html therefore you receive a Page not Found.

1 Like

thanks.

it is the folder structure. the html is located in root folder and I did drag and drop.

is it some wrong? could you let me know the solution what I need to do?

many thanks,

Here’s an example. In this scenario, I would drag and drop the website directory as it contains the files for my website.

website-d-d

If you need something visual, try this

1 Like

Ok thanks, I update with Git hub and the problem has been solved.

I found that even though I did 3 folders and a file drag and drop but the paste seems not.

thank you very much!

You only drag one (1) folder, not three.