One NetlifyCMS for managing content of separate sites

Currently I am trying to have a monorepro with multiple separate sites (build with hugo) in different directories like:

And in sites the content/posts:

and have one Netlify CMS instance to manage all the content of the separate sites in one place. The deployment part is no issue as netlify allows custom build commands. But currently I have a hard time to figure out how to have one NetlifyCMS manage multiple sites from different directories and have the posts/collections saved in their respective directories/folders.

For any help or ideas how to solve this architecture is highly appreciated.

My guess would be that a config like this might work:

collections:
  - name: 'Site 1'
    create: true
    label: 'Posts'
    label_singular: 'Post'
    folder: 'sites/content/posts/site-1'
  - name: 'Site 2'
    create: true
    label: 'Posts'
    label_singular: 'Post'
    folder: 'sites/content/posts/site-2'
1 Like

Hi @hrishikesh thank you very much for your suggestions, I was trying with that solution as well but was hoping there is another way as this would kinda pollutes the collections sidebar with many sites/collections. If there are no other ways I am more than happy to mark your answer as the solution, thanks again for your reply - highly appreciated you took the time.

The only other way would be to enable CMS on all the websites individually, which might make it difficult to manage as multiple accounts would be needed. So, I’m afraid the previous one might be the only way for now. But you’re correct, the left-sidebar would be polluted. If there is indeed no other way, maybe you can add a feature request on Netlify CMS GitHub for such a functionality. I’m sure there would be others who might benefit from this too.

1 Like