Occupied web address but not used

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• we need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot

The better the post - the faster the answer.

Hello support team,

I need to get the website but it shows as site not found with the code shown below.
01HG9963YWGTTVQFC5FBXC4MJR

Question1.
Does netlify owned that website?

Question2.
Who should I ask if netfly is holding that domain name? I need someone who can assist with releasing the domain that is not in use for a long time.

Any direction or even phone number would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jason

Hi @Jasonm can you share the site name/domain to the site you are seeing this?

Hello sam,

Its loomin.com

I thought i was supposed to only provide the error codes… sorry.

Do you know whom I can reach out to get in touch with the domain owner?

Thank you,
Jason

Hi Jason,

We do not own this domain name. If it say it’s occupied on your end and you would like to use this domain you’ll need to purchase this domain. I’m not seeing any dns records on our system for this domain.

Can you share a screenshot of where you are having trouble adding this domain in our system?

Adding to what @SamO has said @Jasonm loomin.com is registered with Epik

$ whois loomin.com

# whois.verisign-grs.com

Domain Name: LOOMIN.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 234256903_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.epik.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.epik.com

and configured in Epik NS

$ dig loomin.com NS
loomin.com.		300	IN	NS	ns4.epik.com.
loomin.com.		300	IN	NS	ns3.epik.com.

The domain is connected to a site with a simple HTML page that loads a site (previously) hosted by Netlify in frameset loomin-dn.netlify.app. The previously is important here as this is the the reason the Netlify error page loads.

Hi, @Jasonm. The site you wrote in about is no longer active at Netlify. About contacting the owner of the domain, you can get that information from the WHOIS data the registrar provides (which isn’t Netlify).

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

@dig @SamO oh wow I actually did not know you could find the web owner like this. Thank you so much both!

When I first tried to purchase the domain, it said it is unavailable. This started the whole research about who owns this at netlify.

I will get back to you with findings and other related questions.

Thanks all! Greatly appreciated.

Jason