Not able to deploy the website as domain name is already exists

“Another site is already using this domain” error trying to set custom domain “www.gssoc.tech” on site “epic-shaw-627d92”

I can verify domain ownership but not able to know what need to write on TXT record value as per [Support Guide] Verifying domain ownership for Netlify custom domain

1 Like

Welcome to Netlify Community!

Can I ask where you purchased the domain.

i bought it from get.tech

Hi, Please help I am still getting this error. How can i verify that I own this domain ?I already did what was suggested as per [Support Guide] Verifying domain ownership for Netlify custom domain

@kylesloper It would be great if you can help

I have a few simple suggestions,

1. Ensure that you do not have another Netlify site with gssoc.tech as a Domain or as a subdomain e.g. anothersite.gssoc.tech

2. Remove the domain and connect it again with DNS records, not A records.

I think the website is deployed somewhere from netlify using the domain, but I don’t know from where it was deployed. I forgot the netlify account somehow. Please help me to fix the issue. Now i want to deploy it using this netlify account. but seeing this error

Unfortunately I don’t have the powers to search for the account that has that domain, I’m sure @fool will be able to help you here.

Kyle.

@fool it would be great if you can help please. I didn’t knew i would face this problem using netlify

While you wait for help, I would ask for you to note down a list of emails you’ve used in the past years as well as passwords. Keep trying to gain access to the old account.

Hope you get it sorted!

Kyle.

hi there, we definitely need you to verify the domain with a txt file - the instructions are in here:

Can you let us know when you have added that?

1 Like

@perry I added those 2 days ago, here is the screenshot for your reference.

Hi, @kindacoder. That DNS record does not work when I test it:

https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#TXT/verified-for-netlify.gssoc.tech

A local test using dig also fails:

$ dig verified-for-netlify.gssoc.tech TXT

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> verified-for-netlify.gssoc.tech TXT
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 60423
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;verified-for-netlify.gssoc.tech. IN	TXT

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
tech.			1799	IN	SOA	ns0.centralnic.net. hostmaster.centralnic.net. 285234 900 1800 6048000 3600

;; Query time: 117 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Tue Jan 26 01:29:25 PST 2021
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 125

Would you please confirm when the record is working? If there are other questions for us, please let us know.