New Namecheap Domain Not Working

I have a new domain purchased from Namecheap that I’m trying to set up to use Netlify DNS. (I’ve done this once before without issues.)

I previously went through this process with this domain by adding the nameservers to the configuration in the Namecheap dashboard, but after several days the DNS records did not propogate.

Therefore, I deleted this DNS Zone from my Netlify account (this was a couple days ago). Tonight, I’m trying to set this back up from the beginning, but now when I go to add the domain I receive this error:

“A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1” error trying to create DNS zone “kylea.tech”

Appreciate any help that can be given!

Site: kmanderson12
Domain: kylea.tech

Hi, @kmanderson12, there was an issue on our side which has now been resolved. Would you please try recreating that DNS zone configuration again now?

If it still doesn’t work (which I don’t expect to happen - but if), please let us know with a follow-up here.

Last but not least, welcome to our Netlify community site! :+1:

Hey there! Thanks for looking into this.

I’ve recreated the DNS Zone for this and added the nameservers to Namecheap, but unfortunately, it looks like the DNS records have still not propagated.

I know for this particular domain, it’s only been 19 hours. But I also have another domain that I added a zone for 2 days ago and it still does not have DNS records.

That domain is kyleanderson.tech

Any idea what could be keeping these from propagating?

Update: DNS records have still not populated for both of my new domains.

kylea.tech - Set up DNS Zone 3 days ago
kyleanderson.tech - Set up DNS Zone 4 days ago

Any chance you could look and see what’s holding these up? Thanks!

@kmanderson12, I see the NS records working when tested:

$ dig kyleanderson.tech NS +noall +answer

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> kyleanderson.tech NS +noall +answer
;; global options: +cmd
kyleanderson.tech.	3599	IN	NS	dns1.p05.nsone.net.
kyleanderson.tech.	3599	IN	NS	dns2.p05.nsone.net.
kyleanderson.tech.	3599	IN	NS	dns3.p05.nsone.net.
kyleanderson.tech.	3599	IN	NS	dns4.p05.nsone.net.
$ dig kylea.tech NS  +noall +answer

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> kylea.tech NS +noall +answer
;; global options: +cmd
kylea.tech.		3599	IN	NS	dns1.p01.nsone.net.
kylea.tech.		3599	IN	NS	dns2.p01.nsone.net.
kylea.tech.		3599	IN	NS	dns3.p01.nsone.net.
kylea.tech.		3599	IN	NS	dns4.p01.nsone.net.

However, there are no other DNS records configured for those domains here:

If you want to use these domains for your Netlify sites, the next step is to add those domains under ‘Site Name’ > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains.

If you require other DNS records not related to a site at Netlify (for example records types MX, TXT, CNAME, etc) they can be added at the two URLs above.

If you configure a record and don’t see it when you test, please let us know which record is missing and we’ll be happy to research the issue to get it resolved.

Ugh, dude… major facepalm on my part :man_facepalming:
Totally missed that step. Netlify is so impressive that I guess I thought it would magically read my mind and know which site the domains should point to. :sweat_smile:

Thanks a ton for the help! You guys are awesome.