Home
Support Forums

Network is unreachable for root domain

Hello

I had an app (called alduino-portfolio) on Netlify that had a custom domain setting through Netlify’s DNS. The DNS wasn’t working (even after waiting for it to propagate) - my computer just said “Network is unreachable”.

Netlify had added a NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 records for the app, but they didn’t get deleted when I removed the custom domain from the app to try and fix the problem, and now I’ve even tried deleting the whole app to try and get the DNS to be removed, but it still hasn’t been removed, so I don’t know what the problem is nor how to fix it.

Could someone remove the alduino.dev -> alduino-portfolio.netlify.app and www.alduino.dev -> alduino-portfolio.netlify.app NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 DNS records?

Also, it would be nice if we could remove these by ourselves - I’ve seen many people have to create posts like this one just to get a support person to remove them.

Thanks!

Hi, @alduino.

We have more information about the NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 type DNS records here:

Please read that support guide above for an in-depth explanation of how these records behave with our service. The three key points there are summarized as:

• These records are locked by default and can be unlocked by our support team.
  • These records only connect domain names to IP addresses.
  • These records do not control which site the domain name is linked to (if any).

If you want to delete some of these records, I’ve unlocked the existing NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 type records for the alduino.dev DNS zone now.

Regarding being able to delete these records without contacting our support team there is an open feature request for this change. If/when this becomes possible we will post an update to this community topic to let you know.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.