Netlify websites & Netlify login webpage inacessible

Websites created using Netlify & the netlify login website https://app.netlify.com/login both are inaccessible from Reliance Jio ISP of India.

FYI: nearly 500 mn users (40% of India) uses Jio.

Both broadband and mobile internet connections are affected - Netlify websites are not accessible.

An IP lookup shows that Netlify domains when accessed by Indian IP are served by an AWS EC2 in AP-South 1 region. Probably some issues with this (AWS)?

All IP pings (both from PC & router ping) to app.netlify.com fail (100% packet loss).

Following is the ping command & it’s output:

❯ ping app.netlify.com
PING app.netlify.com(ec2-13-127-237-255.ap-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com (64:ff9b::d7f:edff)) 56 data bytes
^C
--- app.netlify.com ping statistics ---
100 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 101376ms

1 Like

+1
Not working any website hosted on netlify via JIO ISP.

Any solution?

using VPN temporarily.

Hi :wave:t6: thanks for reaching out, and I’m sorry to hear you were not able to access our platform. We have resolved this issue now.

Thank you !
It’s been 3-4 days since the outage & I had thought of migrating to some other platform.
But I know that Netlify has very good support so, I reached out to this forum.

@SamO , would you be kind enough (or rather is it appropriate for you) to describe where the issue was?
Was it on AWS side or ISP side ?

I’m just curious to know what exactly was the issue & how you resolved it, of course if you feel it’s okay to share it.

Related to: About my deployed project on custom url

Our systems had blocked some IPs due to spam and Jio was potentially affected by that.