Netlify Email Address Not Confirming

Every time I sign up to my website form (Netlify) and the email confirmation link brings me to my login page, I enter the email and password and it says my email is not confirmed. Has anyone encountered this as well and fixed it?

celebrated-daffodil-98560f

(https://www.pieconfidential.com/)

hey there,

could you pop a screenshot of when/where you see this error?

hi there, so this is the account login screen for netlify CMS, not netlify itself.

you should have received an email to the email address you used for your netlify cms setup, did you click on the link to confirm things when it arrived?

Yes. I received a confirmation email, clicked it, went to log in, then got that response.

Have you tried either one of these solutions?

1 Like

I have not tried these methods, and am interested in solution #2. I know I can do it despite the time needed to do so. I do not have an admin page for my website. The identity widget is on my login.html. Is making an admin page necessary, or are they one in the same? Does assigning the word “admin” to a page have significance to the operating methods?

Thanks for this btw, it’s very insightful.

I do not have an admin page for my website. The identity widget is on my login.html. Is making an admin page necessary, or are they one in the same?

The example is written for Netlify CMS, which needs an admin page. You can just link your email templates to the login page instead, since you do not use the CMS.

1 Like

Ok I’ll do that then come back. What is the CMS if you don’t mind me asking. Pardon if I’m so novice when it comes to this lol

Netlify CMS is an open source Git based CMS for static site generators, which uses the identity widget for one of its login options.

Understood. Ok, so I changed the “admin” word in the codes provided to “login”. I am using the script for the identify netlify widget in the head of my login page: .

I submitted the info, and there is a netlify response saying thank you. I have the user submission info in my Netflix forms section, but I have no email sent to the email to confirm it. Do I have to use the entire netlify identity widget with the script etc in order to make that happen? I styled my own widget now.

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in Netlify CMS. Looks like you posted your question a little while ago, but that you haven’t received a solution yet. Here’s where you might get more help:

netlifycms.org - the site houses our extensive documentation that likely contains helpful information to get you back on track.

netlify cms slack - join our friendly slack channel and chat with other cms pros to get the help you need.

GitHub Issues - think you’ve found a bug, or would like to make a feature request? Make your voice heard here. Netlify CMS is open source - PRs and other contributions are also welcome!

Stack Overflow Check StackOverflow for questions tagged “Netlify CMS” if you don’t get an answer in the Slack or the GH issues. StackOverflow reaches a worldwide audience of knowledgeable people.

Your question will be left open here for anyone to comment - but we encourage you to check out the above resources if you are still looking for a solution!

Thank you so much for putting me on to these resources!

1 Like