Netlify cms data doesn't update on publish, breaks boolean widget and returns null

I am trying to use netlify CMS to manage data in my gatsby js app. I made an update to support a boolean widget but when I make a change in the netlify admin, and depoly that update, the data gets broken and starts returning nulls and won’t update the site properly. I can fix this by clearing netlify cache and re deploying but next time I update the variable it breaks again.

I am new to this framework since i’ve been tasked to update this site that was previously maintained by someone else. Does anyone have any suggestions for solutions to my issue?

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in Netlify CMS. Looks like you posted your question a little while ago, but that you haven’t received a solution yet. Here’s where you might get more help:

netlifycms.org - the site houses our extensive documentation that likely contains helpful information to get you back on track.

netlify cms slack - join our friendly slack channel and chat with other cms pros to get the help you need.

GitHub Issues - think you’ve found a bug, or would like to make a feature request? Make your voice heard here. Netlify CMS is open source - PRs and other contributions are also welcome!

Stack Overflow Check StackOverflow for questions tagged “Netlify CMS” if you don’t get an answer in the Slack or the GH issues. StackOverflow reaches a worldwide audience of knowledgeable people.

Your question will be left open here for anyone to comment - but we encourage you to check out the above resources if you are still looking for a solution!

I think I finally solved it.

I had to swap the package = “netlify-plugin-gatsby-cache” with the new package = “@netlify/plugin-gatsby” plugins.

I also updated my gatsby plugins to the latest release and that fixed the issue

1 Like

Thanks so much for coming back and updating this thread with your solution! That will definitely be beneficial for future Forums members who encounter something similar.