I have a use case with Netlify which I’m not sure how to solve.
I have a Jekyll github repo which contains a branch (let’s call master), and wish to have source branches for different languages. The different languages will use different config files, and I want to trigger different builds based on the source branch.
My issue is, how can i get Netlify to build a site based on the source branch when I merge to master while still having staging and preview builds? Or exclude source branch from running for a specific app?
Right now, I have 3 app set to the master branch, master is set to not auto publish, and a DE and FR app with auto published enable. I have DE and FR listen to PR to the master branch, but when i make a PR, both DE and FR app are running the CI.
- Content gets translated and creates a language branch (ie FR and DE).
- I now make a PR that merges FR to master.
- After the PR is created but before it’s merge, I want Netlify to create a preview deployment using custom build command, ie bundle exec jekyll b --config fr.yml
- Ideally this will create a preview app, and sends that info back to the PR.
- PR is approved and merge, I now want to deploy just the FR language to an new app.
At the same time, I might have a German(DE) version PR that I would make a PR to merge, and I want that to also generate a separate Preview app using a different build command and config file ie bundle exec jekyll b --config de.yml.
- PR from DE to master or FR to Master causes both Apps to run when i only want their respective apps to build.
It mostly works, except any PR to master will trigger both the DE and FR app to build and i only want a specific one to run.
Thanks in advance