Home
Support Forums

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID on chrome only my custom domain

Hello, is anyone noticing that answers.netlify.com, and others addresses like stackoverflow.com, letsencrypt.org, truenas.com, etc, are not loading on Chrome on Windows 7, because of NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID?

It happens with others websites, including my websites hosted by Netlify.

Only custom domain (with ssl certificate Let’s encrypt) are presenting this error. (Issuer: r3).
Is anything that I could do?

Hi @filipeeleite

While I can’t say for certain (I don’t have a Windows 7 computer handy) it is possibly the recent expiration of the old root certificate for Let’s Encrypt may have some impact here.

Also note that Windows 7 support ended on January 14, 2020 and Chrome support for the platform is expiring too: Google to Windows 7 users: Chrome support will run until at least July 2021 | ZDNet.

And update to this article now states:

Google has now confirmed that Chrome will support Windows 7 until at least January 15, 2022. After that date customers can’t be guaranteed of receiving security updates for Chrome on Windows 7.
—Source: Windows 7 and Chrome: Google just extended support by six months | ZDNet

The only thing I can suggest is to update your operating system as it is no longer supported (ie. no longer receiving security updates) and software will increasing fail to work on it.

Yes, it expired September 29/30, 2021. I see that many users still uses win7 nowadays, because of its lightweight on old hardware (or maybe because of an specific software compatibility)

Firefox and others browsers are still working well in this s.o. and yes, I’m seeing that this is one of the reasons to abandon win7 definitely in 2021.

Thank you for the reply, I’m reading now about Chrome on Windows 7, and I’m thinking this is happening to force people to upgrade your systems, for security reasons, even with 2 months to ends support. (January 15, 2022)

(Maybe we’ll read about this in the nexts months on the internet, with many others sites with certificates errors when trying to access with this configuration).