Home
Support Forums

Name is already taken, [domain] is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones

Hello Netlify Staff,

Merry Belated Christmas/Kwanzaa.

Regarding site name: stoic-sammet-99be84

I recently registered a domain back in November however attempting to add it to Netlify returns this error:
"name is already taken, willc.dev is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones"

I’ve added the txt record to the dns record to expediate the process, in the event the url ownership needs to be verified. Updated the value after submitting the post.

I’ll update this post’s title once I notice the txt record has propagated.

Happy New Year and thank you all for your time, energy, and service.

howdy @willcdotca - we completed your verification and freed up the domain for your use. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Hello Perry,

Thank you for the expedient response and unlocking the domain.

A quick question (let me know if I should start a new thread):
I’m working towards starting a business in 2022, and looking to upgrade from the Free Tier to the Pro Tier.

In the event that things don’t pan out in a year, and I need to downgrade due to financial reasons, am I able to transition back to the Free Tier from the Pro Tier, or am I locked in at the new rate?

Thank you

hi again will! usually a separate question is best as that’s easier for us to track and easier for people to search for, but in this case no worries.

you can absolutely downgrade from Pro to Starter at your convenience - there is a way to do that in the UI. I don’t believe it is pro-rated (i.e best to do this at a time before you pay us again for a month) but there is no minimum contract or lock-in.

let me know if this answers your question and good luck with your project!

Problem(s) solved.
Thank you Perry!

1 Like