Name already taken, domain name conflicting with ownership with other existing zones

I bought my domain name from Gandi and have added @ 10800 IN A 75.2.60.5 and www 10800 IN CNAME sheerlin.netlify.app. to my DNS records but get an error name is already taken, sheerlin.com is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones when trying to add my new domain to Netlify.
Is there any way you can help resolve this issue?

my netlify site name is sheerlin.netlify.app and my domain name is sheerlin.com

Thank you

@sheerlin Welcome to the Netlify community.

You will probably have to verify your ownership / control before Netlify tech support can help resolve this.

I’ve just added it now
Thank you for the tip!

hi sheerlin, i was unable to complete the verification. are you sure you added the record?

Hi Perry, I have added one named verified-for-netlify on April 26 and added another one named netlify a couple of hours ago but they aren’t showing up when I use DNS lookup tools. I’m not sure if done it correctly so I’ve attached a screenshot of the records.

@sheerlin You may have to wait for your changes to propagate. This is what is showing now:

dig sheerlin.com -t TXT
;; ANSWER SECTION:
sheerlin.com.		1800	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 include:_mailcust.gandi.net ?all"

While you are waiting, you can delete the CNAME for www that points to webredir.vip.gandi.net.

The verification dns records should be live now! I didn’t realise I had to input verified-for-netlify.sheerlin.com -t TXT instead of just sheerlin.com -t TXT

Hello @perry, did you get a chance to retry the verification? Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do on my end.

Many thanks

Hi, @sheerlin. I see the verification TXT record:

$ dig +noall +answer verified-for-netlify.sheerlin.com TXT
verified-for-netlify.sheerlin.com. 299 IN TXT	"https://answers.netlify.com/t/name-already-taken-domain-name-conflicting-with-ownership-with-other-existing-zones/36632"

The custom domain has been removed from the other site and team now. This means you will be able to add it to your site now.

If it doesn’t work though, or if there are any questions, please let us know.