Are the slow loads apparent on the
.netlify.app domain, or only your custom domain?
Do you have any x-nf-request-ids for these slow loads?
- If the slow loads are only visible on your custom domain, you may have non-optimal DNS config (just checked, this isn’t the case – you have a
CNAME record for
codeinplace which is best practice)
- The asset has not yet been cached on the node which you requested it from; we have dozens of nodes in dozens of regions around the globe and, if your request is handled by a node which hasn’t cached the file, it’ll need to:
- Return to our origin to request the asset
- Asset is sent from origin to the node, uncompressed
- Node will compress the asset
- Respond to the user with the asset
Cache hit rate can be improved when files aren’t hashed. Different file name, different file; it will need caching again. But, we can confirm this with an
I hope this helps!