Home
Support Forums

My personal domain on Netlify displays NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID sometimes

My domain name is: ling-handmade.com

I had my custom domain with my netlify site for almost a month now. The DNS servers of my domain are pointed towards netlify, but for some reason, every 1-2 hours every day, the NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error will be displayed on my domain. However, the netlify version of my app, lhm-store.netlify.app doesn’t display these errors.

My SSL certificate is issued by LetsEncrypt through Netlify’s SSL issuing service

@skullcutter02 Welcome to the Netlify community.

Your site seems to load fine for me here in Southern California, but you have at least one issue with your DNS settings, as you have not fully delegated your DNS to Netlify:

|===================== whois name server for ====================
| ---------------------- ling-handmade.com ----------------------
Name Server: ns2.domain.com
Name Server: ns1.domain.com
Name Server: dns1.p02.nsone.net
Name Server: dns2.p02.nsone.net
Name Server: dns3.p02.nsone.net
Name Server: dns4.p02.nsone.net
|================================================================

I’m guessing that things will run better after you eliminate the domain.com name servers from your DNS settings.

1 Like

Hi there! We’ve created this DNS Quickstart guide for this very purpose - to get you up and running as quickly as possible.

Please take a look - we have many resources listed at the bottom, too. And, there are tons of DNS questions you can access through our search! If your problem still persists after reading through all relevant guides, please post again and we will troubleshoot with you.

Oh ok I’ll try doing that. Thanks!